450/500 gr of rice vialone nano or carnaroli
1 kg white asparagus
1/2 onion or shallot
1/2 Glass of white wine
1,5 litre of stock
a little butter and 80 gr parmesan to finish
salt and pepper
1) Leave the asparagus in cold water for a few minutes
2) Rinse and cut them by hands, taking off the final parts.
3) Cut in pieces and leave the points of asparagus by one side
4) Finely chop the onion or shallots
5) In a pan, place the olive oil and once warm add the onion
6) Before the onion takes colour, add the asparagus, and cook for around 10 minutes adding slowly the glass of white wine and leave it to evaporate
7) Add the rice and toast it for a few minutes until it’s almost sticking to the pan
8) Add the spoon of stock to the rice and the points of asparagus
9) Keep adding slowly the stock to the rice; keep stirring and adding stock until the rice is cooked. It takes around 18 minutes if you have chosen Vialone Nano. Leave it quite creamy so once you add the Parmesan it won’t dry too much.
10) Add the Parmesan and the piece of butter and stir fast
Leave the risotto to rest before serving.